Here at Crowley & Company Solicitors our specialist crime team has been supporting clients throughout Cardiff and the South Wales areas, for more than 30 years. During this time we have built up a valuable reputation, and skills in representing a wide variety of criminal cases.
Our team is available 24 hours, 7 days a week, for all police station and court attendances. For queries in relation to such attendances outside of office hours our emergency telephone number is: 07974919292.
We have a vast experience in dealing with defendants in Magistrates and Crown Court trials throughout South Wales, for a wealth of offences such as:
Theft, Assault, Criminal Damage, Possession of drugs and or Offensive Weapons, Dangerous Dogs, Breach of Restraining Orders, Sexual Assault, Rape and Driving Offenses to name but a few. Below are some of the examples of the cases in which we have successfully represented defendants:
- R v Y (Cardiff Crown Court) 1983 – Defendant acquitted of murder
- R v Taylor (Cardiff Crown Court) 1994 – Defendant acquitted of murder on causation following cross examination of Professor Bernard Knight.
- R v R (Cardiff Crown Court) 1996 – Defendant acquitted of rape after a full trial
- R v L (Court of Appeal) 1996 – Defendant acquitted of burglary on identification
- R v T (Cardiff Crown Court) 1998 – Defendant acquitted of murder
- R v R (Cardiff Crown Court) 2006/2007 – Defendant acquitted of conspiracy to sell drugs in a 35 handed conspiracy.
- R v D (Cardiff Crown Court) 2008 – Defendant acquitted of attempted murder
- R v K (Cardiff Crown Court) 2008 – Proceeds of Crime Application successfully reduced from 4 million pounds to one million pounds.
- R v H (Newport Crown Court) 2008 – Trademarks offence – Defendant received suspended sentence with subsequent confiscation stayed as an abuse of process
- R v Mbengo & Others (Court of Appeal) 2008 – Successful appeal of deportation orders
- R v I (Winchester Crown Court) 2010 – Defendant acquitted of Multimillion pound money laundering conspiracy arising from MTIC fraud
- R v G (Cardiff Crown Court) 2010/2011 – Defendant acquitted of multiple historical rapes and sexual assaults involving numerous familial complainants.
- R v F (Cardiff Crown Court) 2012 – Defendant acquitted of conspiracy to misuse police computers
- C v Cardiff County Council (High Court) 2012 – Successful judicial review of Cardiff City Council’s Taxi Licensing Policy.
- R v R (Cardiff Crown Court) 2012 – Following a fully contested trial the Defendant was acquitted of causing death by dangerous driving.
- R v G (Cardiff Crown Court) 2012 – Defendant acquitted of Rape after trial.
- R v S (Cardiff Crown Court) 2012 – The defendant was acquitted of historical sexual assaults following a fully contested trial.
- R v M (Cardiff Crown Court) 2013 – The defendant acquitted of sexual assaults following a fully contested trial
- R v C (Cardiff Crown Court) 2013 – The defendant was acquitted of historical sexual assault, inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, and sexual assault following a fully contested trial.
- R v D (Cardiff Crown Court) 2014 – Defendant acquitted following a fully contested trial of Producing Class B Drugs, Supply of Class B drugs and Possession of Class B drugs.
- R v B (Newport Crown Court) 2015 Defendant successfully acquitted of sexual assault x2 within minutes of the jury retiring to consider its verdict. The case involved careful scrutiny of CCTV footage which was presented to the Jury.
- R v B (Newport Crown Court) 2016 Defendant acquitted after Trial for an allegation of sexual assault again after careful scrutiny of CCTV assisted the defendant in this case..
- R v C (Cardiff Crown Court) 2016 The defendant was charged with a serious assault, the crown offered no evidence half way through the case.
- R v K (Cardiff Crown Court) 2016 Successfully presented an appeal to the Crown Court following conviction in the Magistrates Court.